Connecting Opportunities (CO) works with new migrants to develop their skills and opportunities to find
work and be part of the local community. Ten organisations that specialise in working with migrants
offer tailored support across West Yorkshire and part of North Yorkshire. We are funded by the
European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
We will work with them to develop a personalised support package, which
- One-to-one Keyworker support, and access to interpreters, where needed.
- Help to develop the skills needed to gain employment in the UK. This can include help to write a CV, searching for jobs, converting qualifications, attending training and work experience.
- Improving English through ESOL classes and qualifications.
- Mental health and wellbeing support.
- Support from mentor and befriender volunteers to help participants practice their English, make friends and feel more a part of their local community.
- Access to childcare and travel costs, and some women-only activities.
For more information and details or TO JOIN the Connecting Opportunities, CALL the Connecting Opportunities Project Keyworkers:
English and Romanian Speaker: 07939844112
English and Arabic Speaker: 07939844184
For more details about the project, visit the Connecting Opportunities page – here.