PATH Yorkshire is looking for a CHAIR to lead the charity in its mission to transform lives with Employability Skills Development projects.
Our main focus is to reduce inequalities for BAME people and other disadvantaged groups in the labour market, improve equal opportunities and support BAME communities and other disadvantaged groups in Leeds and the Yorkshire region.
Chair of PATH Yorkshire
Duties of the Chair include the following:
- Providing leadership to the organisation and the Board by ensuring that everyone remains focused on the delivery of the organisation’s charitable purposes to provide greater public benefit.
- Chairing and facilitating Board meetings.
- Ensuring that there are strong and effective relationships between the Board and the Staff.
- Checking that decisions taken at meetings are implemented.
- Representing the organisation at functions and meetings, where required.
- Act as a spokesperson for the charity where appropriate.
- Bringing impartiality and objectivity to decision-making.
- Undertake an annual review of the Board in terms of effectiveness and representation, ensuring that the Board have the range of skills necessary to support the growth and success of the business.
- Meet with the Chief Executive on a regular basis, at least once a month.
- Liaising with the Chief Executive to keep an overview of the organisation’s affairs and to provide support as appropriate.
The chair should have the following qualities, abilities and experience:
- Leadership skills
- Experience in organisational and people management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of committee work
- Planning and Implementation skills and experience
- Tact and diplomacy
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
- Able to attend and lead the Quarterly Board Meetings
- Able to meet and support the Chief Executive at least once a month
To apply, please submit your CV and Personal Statement to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Statements should not be more than 2 sides of A4 sheet.
An informal discussion may be arranged with the Outgoing Chair, please email your request with your contact details to Jessica.email@example.com or call Jessica on 0113 2624600.
CLOSING: Wednesday, 01 February 2017, 4 pm
Interviews will be held on w/c 6th Feb.