Job Title: IT Officer / Trainer
Working Hours: Part-time 18 hours per weeks, Immediate Start for 6-months Fixed Contract
Salary: £12 per hour
Reports to: Radio Station Director
About Radio Fever FM
Radio Asian Fever FM (107.3FM) was the first Leeds Asian radio. Now on its 31st year of service to
all Asian communities, Fever FM continues to live by its core value of ‘Radio programming by the
community – for the community’. It broadcast radio programmes in English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi
and Mirpuri. Fever FM Online is also available for listeners from other parts of UK and other
Purpose of the Job
You will be an experienced Trainer with ITC skills and extensive knowledge of broadcasting
equipment and software. Be able to provide a comprehensive support service to staff, community
correspondents, volunteers and members of the community. This role provides many opportunities
to learn and develop while satisfying a varied workload.
You should be able to demonstrate at least one year’s experience in a similar fast-moving Training
environment with IT skills and have the practical knowledge and skills to match.
Working hours will need to be flexible. Post holders may also be required to travel for business
The IT Officer will be charged with the task of ensuring the online forum is delivered and
maintained, the IT Officer will regulate the online forum and carry out checks to ensure there is no
misuse of content.
He/she will be charged with ensuring the video content/social media content/ advertising is created
and delivered as per our application.
As an IT Officer, you will help promote the station and our funded work by liaising with relevant
local organizations to organise access to radio programmes and workshop-based training. You will
also facilitate linked events and meetings between the station, relevant organisations and local
people who are accessing these services.You would work closely with individuals, families and groups in socially or financially deprived
areas. You will provide leadership, set goals and bring local people together to make changes, as
well as helping people develop the skills to eventually continue their interest gained through our
Your work will typically include:
• Training people to use IT and broadcasting equipment, build self confidence in service
users, and assist in the production of broadcasting shows,
• create workshops to assist people of all ages in using Broadcasting IT equipment,
• Making sure that local people have their say on radio, social media, website and App.
• Developing new programmes for volunteers and listeners.
• Encouraging local people to take action
• Building links with other groups and agencies on behalf of Fever FM
• Planning meetings and events with local partners
Essential Selection Criteria
• Provide technical training and supervision, and up skilling workshops for community
• Setup, install, maintain, update and troubleshoot all ITC and broadcasting equipment and
• Responsible for training, supporting, mentoring and supervision of volunteers and members
of the community in the use of ITC and broadcasting equipment
• Maintain and update the Radio Asian Fever website and App including its playback broadcast
facility, social media in relation to our funded work, links sections and feedback discussions
• Maintain all hardware in the station offices and support those using equipment both inside and
outside the offices – related to project work.
• Awareness of and empathy for the aims of Fever FM
• Practical experience of working in the community or voluntary sector
• Knowledge of other languages (oral) in Punjabi/Mirpuri, Hindi or Urdu (Non-Essential)
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivation, a creative approach, ability to work on own initiative
• Team working skills
• Flexible approach to out of normal office hours working
PHYSICAL / SOCIAL CONDITIONS
Radio Asian Fever is based at The Resource Centre 233 – 237 Roundhay Road Leeds LS8 4HS.
How to apply: Send your CV to email@example.com
CLOSING: Sunday, 30 August 2020