Job Title: Community Outreach Officer.
Working Hours: Part-time 18 hours per weeks, Immediate Start for 6-months Fixed Contract
Salary: £12 per hour
Reports to: Radio Station Director
About Radio Fever FM
Radio Asian Fever FM (107.3FM) was the first Leeds Asian radio. Now on its 31st year of service to
all Asian communities, Fever FM continues to live by its core value of ‘Radio programming by the
community – for the community’. It broadcast radio programmes in English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi
and Mirpuri. Fever FM Online is also available for listeners from other parts of UK and other
Purpose of the Job
This post will support the station in engaging joint working processes with various local strategic
partnerships. The post holder will also provide a representational role where appropriate.
As a community outreach officer, you will help promote the station and our funded work by liaising
with relevant local organizations to organise access to radio programmes. You will also facilitate
linked events and meetings between the station, relevant organisations and local people who are
accessing these services.
You would work closely with individuals, families and groups in socially or financially deprived
areas. You will provide leadership, set goals and bring local people together to make changes, as
well as helping people develop the skills to eventually continue their interest gained through our
Your work will typically include:
• The Community Outreach Worker will be charged with the task of ensuring the project will
use community languages to deliver awareness of Covid -19, and help people to
understand the importance of social distancing, maintaining mental health, exercising, diet
and using social media to deliver online yoga sessions, Tai Chi, general keep fit, healthy
cooking, teaching young people about managing finances, and encourage our users to talk
to communicate with each other by making, and speak about how they are feeling.
• Finding out about the community’s needs, problems and barriers
• Making sure that local people have their say
• Developing new programme and station sponsorship opportunities and monitoring existing
• Helping to raise public awareness about community issues through Fever FM
• Encouraging local people to take action
• Building links with other groups and agencies on behalf of Fever FM
• Training volunteer programme presenters who come from partnership organisations
• Planning meetings and events with local partners
Essential Selection Criteria
• Awareness of and empathy for the aims of Fever FM
• Practical experience of working in the community or voluntary sector
• Knowledge of other languages (oral) in Punjabi/Mirpuri, Hindi or Urdu
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivation, a creative approach, ability to work on own initiative
• Team working skills
• Flexible approach to out of normal office hours working
• General administrative and I.T. skills
PHYSICAL / SOCIAL CONDITIONS
Radio Asian Fever is based at The Resource Centre 233 – 237 Roundhay Road Leeds LS8 4HS.
The Community Outreach Officer’s post will be 18 hours a week; working hours will need to be
flexible. Post holders may also be required to travel for business purposes and smart dress.
How to apply: Send your CV to email@example.com
CLOSING: Sunday, 30 August 2020