Employability support for refugees through the New Roots project
The team at PATH are now hosting an Employability Drop In is for refugees* registered with the New Roots programme in Yorkshire who looking to get into work.
At the Drop In refugees* can access:
– Free use of computers at PATH Yorkshire in the IT room;
– Free use of the wifi;
– Support from the Employability Team at PATH Yorkshire.
The Drop In is largely self-guided and gives an opportunity to work on a CV, covering letters and job applications. Feedback and support will be available from the Employability Team.
The drop in is for refugees* registered with New Roots who:
– want to work on a job application
– want to work on their CV
– want to search for jobs online
– want some feedback from a member of the Employability Team.
No pre-booking is required – just come along. If you’re not yet registered with New Roots in Yorkshire? You can join the programme by coming to the Drop In. Please bring your Biometric residence permits (BRP) with you.
* The New Roots Employability Drop In and support from New Roots is open to refugees with the right to work. Please check www.pathyorkshire.co.uk/new-roots/ for full details of eligibility.
The project is part-funded through the European Union Asylum Migration Integration Fund. Making management of migration flows more efficient across the European Union.