Job Title: Administrator
Working Hours: Part-time 18 hours per weeks, Immediate Start for 6-months Fixed Contract
Salary: £11 per hour
Reports to: Radio Station Director
About Radio Fever FM
Radio Asian Fever FM (107.3FM) was the first Leeds Asian radio. Now on its 31st year of service to
all Asian communities, Fever FM continues to live by its core value of ‘Radio programming by the
community – for the community’. It broadcast radio programmes in English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi
and Mirpuri. Fever FM Online is also available for listeners from other parts of UK and other
Purpose of the Job
The successful candidate should be an experienced Administrator with IT skills and extensive
knowledge of assisting colleagues in a funded project. To be able to provide a comprehensive
support service to staff, volunteers and members of the community. This role provides many
opportunities to learn and develop while satisfying a varied workload.
The administrator will be responsible for any administration related to this project, feedback from
our service users, ensuring the project is delivered as per our application.
You will help promote the station and our funded work by liaising with relevant local organisations
to organise access to radio programmes and workshop-based training.
You will also facilitate linked events and meetings between the station, relevant organisations and
local people who are accessing these services.
Help to manage the day-to-day running of the station where possible.
Assist with volunteer queries and training
Your work will typically include:
• Using a word processing package such as Microsoft Word
• Audio and copy type
• Write letters
• Deal with telephone and email enquiries, using an email system
• Photocopy and print various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
• Organize and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information
• Create and maintain filing and other office systems
• Keep diaries and arrange appointments
• Schedule and attend meetings, create agendas and take minutes
• Book meeting room and conference facilities
• Liaise with staff in other departments and with external contacts
• Order and maintain stationery and equipment
Essential Selection Criteria
• Excellent ability to provide administrative support and carrying out work for skills development
workshops for community members
• Be able to handle project lifecycles in maintaining grant funding and managing the finance that
comes from this
• All aspects of Administrative work.
• Awareness of and empathy for the aims of Fever FM.
• Practical experience of working in the community or voluntary sector
• Knowledge of other languages (oral) in Punjabi/Mirpuri, Hindi or Urdu (Non-essential)
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivation, a creative approach, ability to work on own initiative
• Team working skills
• Flexible approach to out of normal office hours working
PHYSICAL / SOCIAL CONDITIONS
Radio Asian Fever is based at The Resource Centre 233 – 237 Roundhay Road Leeds LS8 4HS.
How to apply: Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING: Sunday, 30 August 2020